Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sophie sleeping

Man, that girl can sleep! Here she is for nap. She usually falls asleep in my arns, with a bottle or sometimes not. For nap I put her in the crib, though I've been  keeping her in our bed at night. Last night she went to bed at 9 p.m. (she had only one nap yesterday) and she's still asleep at 8 a.m., with only a little fussing during the night.
 
Yesterday was another milestone: Not only is she warming up to Ed more and more, not crying when he takes her, but he took her out on a 1-hour walk without me yesterday! I stayed in the room and did some grading online that I still needed to do for my class.
 
Last night we met some from the group for noodles and sat outside. It was a beautiful cool night (daytime was pretty hot and humid) and there was a huge full moon. Shamain Island is like a vacation spot. I keep saying that Beijiing reminded me of Manhattan; Nanchang was like Detroit or Cleveland (but much bigger), and this is like Bermunda.
 
But we are very antsy to get home and have our little family of four all together. This morning we are going to try calling Sam on Skype (without the video). We haven't had any contact with him yet, thinking it would be confusing or harder for him. But he has been crying for us more and more and think this may help. Wish us luck. I'm sure I will bawl after hanging up.

4 comments:

Leigh Ann Drevs said...

That is so great! I am glad she is a good sleeper! Hopefully she can help Sam sleep through the night! When are you coming home? Let us know if you need anything. We can't wait to meet her!

LaLa said...

Lovely!!! I am so happy she is a good sleeper and I hope that continues : )

Alyson and Ford said...

Such wonderful news; your journey is incredible! Enjoy and Congratulations!!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for 17 Months
LID 01/27/2006 (CCAI)

Kathleen said...

Obviously Sophie is a treasure. We are LID 4/29/06 (CCAI) and seeing your blog makes me smile. It is a great reminder that all this waiting will end with adding a daughter equally as wonderful to our family. Thanks for sharing your journey.