We were so excited when we got our second-to-last approval (from the U.S. consulate in China) on New Year's Eve Day. But since we have not received final Travel Approval (TA) from the Chinese government, our agency says we will not be able to travel until after Chinese New Year (which is February 14 this year).
Even if we got approval this week (it is Week 3, so it could come any day), we couldn't get to China and complete our adoption before everyone takes a week off for the holiday. So they estimate we will probably leave sometime that next week, maybe February 19.
A whole 'nother month. Sigh.
It's so depressing, because most people travel within 6-8 weeks for China. We had to wait FOUR LONG MONTHS between referral and travel for Sam, and now it looks like that's how long we'll have to wait for Sophie.
Hang in there, honey. We're coming as soon as we can.