Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy new year!

Just got the word today that we got the approval from the U.S. Consulate in China (this is the one our agency said could be anywhere from 2-6 weeks. It was just over 2 weeks, with the holidays!)

Now just waiting for regular TA (travel approval) from CCAA, which is usually about 2-3 weeks. Then we buy tickets and leave within about two weeks. So January travel is still possible, though it would probably be the end of the month. Looks like we might be over during Chinese New Year--exciting but expensive!

We are very much looking forward to 2010, since it will be the year we finally meet our daughter and bring her home into our family.

3 comments:

Di said...

I am so pleased for you! I was wondering how long you would have to wait!! What a great start to 2010!!

Laura said...

Heidi,
Up with two sick kids - so catching up on my emails and FB. Got one from Beth Knobbe which reminded me about the book she wrote this year which reminded me that I saw that you also wrote a book in US Catholic which made me check your blog - long story - congratulations on your daughter and book! I kept meaning to try and get our old small faith group together last year - it would have been 10 years since we organizd that first Day of Prayer in front of the Cathedral. It sounds like many of us are using those leadership skills we talked about at that YFN retreat in 1998. I have a daughter that was born in Jan. 2009 close to your daughter's age. If you're interested in getting together once you get a bit settled with two - let me know. It would be great to see you. Maybe we could get Anne, Beth and Megan to join us. I've lost track of Loretta.
Laura LTS72@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog struck me because we used the exact same template for our china adoption blog. We're going to be in the area the same time as you. Safe travels, maybe we'll see you! C.