I've been meaning to post to this blog to let everyone know that we sold our condo, bought a house, moved and that Ed is now teaching a class at Aurora University. Also that we finally got approved for the I-800 immigration paperwork and technically could be getting a referral any month.
But now the bigger news is that we are getting our referral--tomorrow.
I can hardly believe it.
Four years ago (to the month) when we started this process:
* I worked for U.S. Catholic (now I work for Aurora University)
* Ed worked for ABN-AMRO (now he is a certified teacher)
* We lived in a two-bedroom condo (now we live in a 4-bedroom house)
* We had been married one year (we just celebrated our 5th anniversary)
* We had no children (now we have Sam)
* George Bush was president. (Now we have Obama!)
* I had never written a book. (My book of reflections for adopting parents just came out--see sidebar to the right. And I'm working on a second.)
But one thing has remained constant: We can't wait to be the parents of a little girl (or boy--which is a possibility) from China. We'll post the news as soon as we get it tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone for your years of prayers and support.