Monday, April 23, 2007

Concurrent adoptions

UPDATE: I spoke with our China agency this morning and they insist that this is not true. Apparently the agency that is saying this even qualifies and says this does not come directly from the CCAA. Other people have successfully adopted domestically during the wait. China does not even require an updated home study; only USCIS does. Needless to say, we are relieved but I did not sleep much last night. I think I'll take a nap. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. (HS)

A very scary rumor about China possibly not allowing people who are trying to adopt from Vietnam during their China wait to complete their China adoptions. If true, this could be the end of our ability to adopt two children, including a daughter.

I really can't take any more bad news. C'mon, God, I'm hanging on by a thread here, to begin with.

I will be calling my agency tomorrow morning to get their read on this. I'm praying it's not as dire as it sounds. This is the suckiest part of adoption: Anyone can change all the rules on you halfway through, and you're just completely screwed.

9 comments:

Eren said...

Oh Heidi, I am praying that all of this is just a rumor. I can not even imagine your feelings right now. Many blessings friend.

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh ((((Heidi)))). Bureaucrats never realize there are actual people who land underneath all these new laws and regulations, do they?

Lucy said...

I will keep you and DH in my prayers, with the hope the rumor is truly a rumor. Keep holding on, sometimes we achieve our dreams only by inches in life.

lucy

Cindy said...

Hi Heidi,
I saw your post on RQ about the VN govt changes rules midstream without grandfathering. We are logged into China and are about to switch to VN could you advise me on the changes? thanks so much, Cindy A
cinap@comcast.net

LaLa said...

Glad you got an update...sorry..just now reading the whole post. IA is scary b/c the rules do change. Hope you sleep well tonight.

Michele and Chuck said...

Since I'm in this same situation, I panicked when I heard about this possibility. From what I am hearing, it isn't true (thankfully) but until we get home with both of our kiddos, I won't breath easy. Here's to keeping all 20 of our fingers crossed for both of our families.

VictoriaE said...

Heidi, it's nuts this bureacratic nonsense. Thinking of your guys..

Anonymous said...

Heidi: It's me. I'm thinking of you. Amy

Anonymous said...

warhammer gold warhammer money warhammer accounts tibia money tibia gold tibia item runescape accounts buy runescape accounts runescape money runescape gold runescape gp runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling cheap rs2 powerleveling runescape equipment buy rs equipment runescape runes cheap rs2 runes runescape logs cheap rs2 logs runescape items buy runescape items runescape quest point rs2 quest point cheap runescape questpoint runescape gold runescape items runescape power leveling runescape money runescape gold buy runescape gold buy runescape money runescape items runescape accounts runescape gp runescape accounts runescape money runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling tibia gold dofus kamas buy dofus kamas wow power leveling wow powerleveling runescape questpoint rs2 questpoint Warcraft PowerLeveling Warcraft Power Leveling World of Warcraft PowerLeveling World of Warcraft Power Leveling Hellgate money Hellgate gold buy runescape logs buy rs2 items cheap runescape items Hellgate London gold Guild Wars Gold buy Guild Wars Gold runescape items rs2 accounts cheap rs2 equipments lotro gold buy lotro gold buy runescape money buy runescape gold buy runescape runes lotro gold buy lotro gold runescape money runescape gold cheap rs2 powerleveling eve isk eve online isk buy runescape power leveling rs2 power leveling tibia gold tibia item runescape accounts Fiesta Silver Fiesta Gold Scions of Fate Gold Hellgate Palladium Hellgate London Palladium SOF Gold Age Of Conan Gold AOC Gold ArchLord gold tibia money tibia gold runescape accounts runescape gold cheap rs2 powerleveling buy ArchLord gold DDO Plat Dungeons and Dragons Online Plat