Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Birth certificates sent



Dear Sam,

Today I sent two copies of your Dad's birth certificate to the Department of State in Pennsylvania and two copies of my birth certificate to the Secretary of State in Wisconsin. All told, we probably spent about $150-200 on birth certificates, postage, and certification.

For Sophie's paperwork, your Dad's birth certificate was the last piece of paperwork we were waiting for (took even longer than the I-171H!), so I'm hoping it goes more quickly this time. Most agencies don't require you to have birth certificates, but LSS has you do it just in case. More evidence of hyper-caution, I guess. Perhaps I'll be thankful for that someday.

Meanwhile, no news from them yet. They're supposed to be talking to our social worker today. I hope to hear more tomorrow.

No comments: